DAY 15 M 16 OCT AW V. 1.0, 073013
LIFE2050 PGH3.0 FUTURE PERSONA SCENARIOS V. 1.0 PRESENTATIONS
“Vague notions seem great until you work on the details.
Useful dialogues emerge around clearly articulated intentions.”
– Design wisdom
DRIVING QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR EXPLORATORY TREK
1. Who did we interview/observe?
2. What did we learn about them?
3. What did we notice about/struck us as distinctive about the location/environment/neighborhood?
3. How can our trek findings serve as data points for salient patterns that might inform future persona profiles and scenario narratives?
4. What is the most effective way to represent our TREK findings?
4:30-5:00pm: TEAM 1 presentation and feedback
5:00 – 5:30pm: TEAM 2 presentation and feedback
5:30 – 6:00pm: TEAM 3 presentation and feedback
6:10-7:00pm: Discuss next steps and Assignment 15
7:20pm: CLASS ENDS
ASSIGNMENT 15: CREATING FUTURE PATHWAY VISION MAPS v.1.0
The final deliverable of each LIFE2050 LAB will be a presentation of Persona-Based Scenarios for LIFE2050 in PGH3.0. Below are some examples of how we use PERSONA-BASED FUTURE SCENARIOS as a vehicle for narrating FUTURE PATHWAY VISION MAPS . The final deliverables of this course should be some combination of features from these examples – plus any other methods, techniques. media, platforms, frameworks or tools you choose to add – that best support the NORMATIVE FUTURE SCENARIO vision you want to portray; i.e.: Collective Invention FamilyofYou_Booklet –Collective Invention FamilyofYou Booklet Collective Invention WBCSD LIFESTYLE 2050 CHARRETTE WORKBOOK – Collective Invention LIFE 2050 Online Overview http://life2050.collectiveinvention.com – Collective Invention 2012 Retrospective http://bit.ly/13HCrBn http://bit.ly/1c5xFQN http://bit.ly/16GV2yS http://bit.ly/1hloERp
Following are three Key Reference/templates/models for your final work product. If you can improve on these (I’m sure you can!) please do so:
1. This roadmap, “Value Shifts: From What to What”, is a Collective Intention simplification of the WBCSD VISION2050 roadmap. It focuses on the value shifts that will have to take place beginning now in order to achieve the BENCHMARK GOALS of 2050. In the right hand column titled VALUES & VISION are the top level BENCHMARK GOALS in values to achieve by 2050. In the right hand column titled REVEALED are EARLY SIGNALS/FUTURE SIGNS we discern today that prefigure the necessary value shifts. In the center of the chart are the decade-by-decade big stages of the value shifts. This roadmap could be improved most obviously by making it a dynamic, interactive build or reveal. How else would you better convey content like this? (Remember that the content here relates to VALUE SHIFTS in the FOCUS FIELD of SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION & CONSUMPTION. You will have to adapt it to your own LIFE2050LAB’s FOCUS FIELD (LEARN, SHARE, OPPORTUNITY).
2. Here is another roadmap, “Resources, Energy & Ecosystems Pathway,” that simplifies the WBCSD VISION2050 roadmap with different content. In this one, the desired end-states or BENCHMARK GOALS are in the right hand column in the 2040-50 decade sector. From there we back-cast each pathway to the milestones that each preceding decade by decade sector has to hit in order to achieve the 2050 goals. The arcs separating decade sectors are labeled “DEPENDS ON” which means that achieving each milestone depends on the milestone before it – and the one before that – and so on. (Remember that the content here relates to RESOURCES, ENERGY & ECOSYSTEMS. You will have to adapt it to your own LIFE2050LAB’s FOCUS FIELD (LEARN, SHARE, OPPORTUNITY).
3. This template, “Personas Views of the Future,” is based on segmenting the personas according to categories of differential values, attitudes and likely adoption behaviors. The bottom row titled “Vision 2050 People Values Storyline” is taken from template 1 above, “Value Shifts: From What to What,” in order to compare a normative progression of decade milestones with how different people might view that progression differentially.
4. These templates are taken from the Collective Invention Workbook, “Sustainable Lifestyles 2050,” which I introduced to you on Day 1, Assignment 1. This workbook contains a number of other templates that you might find helpful as you explore ways to structure and represent the relationships between your present day Exploratory Trek Interviewees and your Future Scenario Personas. This material my have more meaning for you now at this stage of your team project. I strongly recommend you scan through this workbook again.
OF COURSE DO NOT FORGET THE KEY REFERENCE TEMPLATES: – GREEN DENMARK scenarios 2050 GREEN DENMARK SCENARIOS – ALL THE PGH & METROREGION FRAMEWORKS & TEMPLATES FROM DAY 3 AND DAY 4.
REFERENCE & RESOURCES For further exploration:
– Can Science Explain Why We Tell Stories? http://nyr.kr/17H3zj3
– Future Fiction: What is its history and meaning? From GALLONCZ SCIENCE FICTION: The difference between fictions of THE NEAR FUTURE http://bit.ly/17aWVgx and fictions of THE FAR FUTURE http://bit.ly/1geYeDl
– Top 10 Future Technologies That Exist Today video: http://bit.ly/18YAy1c
OTHER REFERENCE & RESOURCES For further exploration TBD
REFERENCE & RESOURCES For further exploration TBD
Measurable or Observable Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Ability to Apply, Interpret, Create, Design, Explain, etc. TBD