DAY 21 W 6 NOV AW V. 1.0, 073013
Prepare For SPEED RESEARCHING of Experience Concepts
1. Where is your project today?
2. What do others see in your project?
3. Where would you like your project to be?
4. What is your plan for getting there?
4:30-6:00pm: Team work session
6:15 – 6:30pm: TEAM 1 Critique and discussion
6:30 – 6:45pm: TEAM 2 Critique and discussion
6:45 – 7:00pm: TEAM 3 Critique and discussion
7:00-7::20pm: Next assignment discussed
7:20pm: CLASS ENDS
A. Complete instruments and process to user test your future persona scenarios in your neighborhoods. Build your own research instruments and process drawing upon the ideas, methods, tools and frameworks in the SPEED DATING and SPEED RESEARCHING reference materials. Also,
Also, this SUSTAINABLE DESIGN TOOLKIT is full of lots of ideas, frameworks, templates and tools useful for XDF teams at this phase of your projects.
Think back about what you did on your first Neighborhood Expedition Trek. What did you learn about what was most effective? Least effective?
Also refer to material from Day 13; i.e.:
– We conduct EXPEDITIONARY TREKS to observe and interview real people today in their accustomed situations. Here our purpose is not to gather projectable statistical data. Rather it is to uncover what interests, influences and motivates peoples’ attitudes, behavior and lifestyle today and how they express their concerns, dilemmas and hopes for the future. These serve as data points of reference for attributes and salient patterns that might inform future persona profiles and scenario narratives of opportunities of LIFE2050 for our FUTURE PERSONA cast of characters.
– Review CI_Personas_toolkit#2 Pp. 8 – 12 show templates for an EXPEDITION TREK to observe and interview subjects in the field
B. Conduct Speed Research. Prepare results for presentation on Day 23
REFERENCE & RESOURCES For further exploration: See Arnold Wasserman tumblr posts: http://arnoldswasserman.tumblr.com
STUDENT-CENTERED OUTCOMES: Measurable or Observable Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Ability to Apply, Interpret, Create, Design, Explain, etc. TBD