DAY 26 M 25 NOV AW V. 1.0, 073013
INDIVIDUAL CRITIQUE OF PERSONA SCENARIO EXPERIENCE STORYBOARDS, SCRIPT READ-THROUGH & TALK OUTLINE
“Iteration makes perfect.”
– Design wisdom
1. Where is your project today?
2. What do others see in your project?
3. Where would you like your project to be?
4. What is your plan to getting there?
4:30-5:00pm: TEAM 1 discussion
5:00 – 5:30pm: TEAM 2 discussion
5:30 – 6:00pm: TEAM 3 discussion
6:10-7:00pm: Discussion, Work Session
7:00-7:20: Discuss next assignment
ASSIGNMENT 26: Prepare PRESENTATION SCRIPT OUTLINE, SCENARIO EXPERIENCE STORYBOARDS, FINAL DELIVERABLE – to include as a minimum:
1. A WEB PRESENTATION of your LIFE2050PGH3.0 SCENARIOS. This is a top level summary with links to deeper detailed content, references, sources, etc. As a minimum, this presentation should include:
INTRODUCTORY SUMMARY & OUTLINE: in the form of a navigable menu
TOPSIGHT: A VISION STATEMENT: explaining why you selected your FOCUS DOMAIN (i.e.: LEARN, SHARE, OPPORTUNITY) and how it is salient for LIFE2050 in PGH3.0.
INSIGHT: EXPEDITIONARY TREK INSIGHTS: from observations and interviews in your neighborhood.
FARSIGHT: 2013 WEAK SIGNALS/FUTURE SIGNS: drawn from your exploration of myriad CMU and Pittsburgh city and regional initiatives, organizations, plans, programs, labs, centers, startups, accelerators, incubators, etc. – introduced to you all throughout this semester.
– GLOBAL BENCHMARK GOALS: relevant to your Focus Domain. These LONG HORIZON GOALS should be drawn from sources like WBCSD, IFTF, OECD, UN Millennial Goals, Green Denmark, NMC Horizon Reports, CSPC, GBN, FFF, IFF, Alternative Worlds Global Trends, The Singularity, etc., etc. (Go back and refresh your memory about all the references, especially from Days 2, 3 & 4).
– 2050 LOCAL BENCHMARK GOALS: for your LOCUS NEIGHBORHOOD – with special emphasis on those LOCAL BENCHMARK GOALS that map onto and help advance GLOBAL BENCHMARK GOALS.
– STRATEGIC PATHWAYS MAP: showing the FORCE OF CHANGE PATHWAYS leading decade by decade from WEAK SIGNALS/FUTURE SIGNS to your 2050 BENCHMARK GOALS
– FUTURE PERSONAS SCENARIOS: Your VISION SCENARIOS illustrating OPPORTUNITIES FOR LIFE2050 – narrated through the FIRST-PERSON EXPERIENCES of your PERSONAS – these narratives illustrate your awareness of how 2013 WEAK SIGNALS/EARLY SIGNS could play out along STRATEGIC PATHWAYS OF CHANGE to achieve LOCAL BENCHMARK GOALS that in turn help advance GLOBAL BENCHMARK GOALS
2. A 20-MINUTE VERBAL & VISUAL PRESENTATION TO AN AUDIENCE
REFERENCE & RESOURCES For further exploration TBD
Measurable or Observable Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Ability to Apply, Interpret, Create, Design, Explain, etc. TBD
DESIGN FOR SOCIAL IMPACT: THE DEBATE
– View and read:
SOCIAL DESIGN: GOOD?BAD?OR? A. Wasserman Orange Paper Social Design-Good?Bad?
Emily Pilloton Lecture at CMU video: http://vimeo.com/62943870
Project H: http://www.projecthdesign.org/
Humanitarian Design: The New Imperialism?
– Scan and prepare to discuss:
TECH PHILANTHROPY Northern California is at the forefront of a new wave of global philanthropy aimed at providing technological assistance to developing countries. Michael Krasny of KQED talks to some local technology philanthropists about their work.